10 Feb Fun Things to Do in Myrtle Beach
Fun Things to Do in Myrtle Beach
If you plan a trip to the Myrtle Beach, SC area, you won’t be disappointed with the number of things to do. With 60 miles of beaches, a variety of affordable activities, over 90 golf courses, great shopping, and fantastic dining, you’ll have plenty of options at your fingertips. And if you aren’t sure where to start, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. Check out our list below of seven fun things to do while in Myrtle Beach.
7 fun things to do in Myrtle Beach
- We’d be remiss if we didn’t start our list by bragging a bit about the Myrtle Beach area beaches. There are over 60 miles worth of beaches, all sparkling and gorgeous with white sand and plenty of space for frisbee, volleyball, swimming, surfing, or lounging around.
- Did anyone say golf? Oh yes, golfers have frequented the Myrtle Beach area for decades, and for this reason, Myrtle Beach is often referred to as the golfing capital of the world. Myrtle Beach is a golfer’s paradise. And if you are new to golfing, consider taking a private lesson or participating in a golf clinic at the Steve Dresser Golf School or one of the many local golf courses.
- Ample activities are ready for you, including entertainment shows at The Carolina Opry, Alabama Theatre, GTS Theatre, and Legends in Concert. You’ll also delight in a visit to WonderWorks, Ripley’s Aquarium, and Medieval Times.
- Watch dolphins frolic in their natural habitat while enjoying an ecotour. Blue Wave Adventures offers a variety of different dolphin watch cruises. Enjoy a charter with others, or book your own private tour. Or, get a little bit wet with a tube ride, right through the same places that dolphins love to live and play within beautiful Murrells Inlet. Do it all safely and respectfully, knowing that you will not bring any harm their way, and you’ll learn a thing or two during your adventure.
- Indulge in exquisite seafood. When in Myrtle Beach, there is no way that you’ll go hungry, especially if you are a seafood lover or connoisseur. We’re known as the seafood capital of South Carolina, but don’t worry, if seafood isn’t your thing, there are plenty of steakhouses available too. Your tastebuds will be sure to water during any visit to Myrtle Beach, and you’ll love the various outdoor dining options available to you.
- Take your breath away with a ride on the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, an attraction that changed the Myrtle Beach skyline back in 2011. Take in the local sites from nearly 200 feet up in the air while riding in a fully-enclosed gondola with glass windows and doors for an unobstructed vantage point.
- Participate in some retail therapy and shop until you drop, by making a trip to our various shopping destinations. There are plenty of options available, including Barefoot Landing, Broadway at the Beach, the Coastal Grand Mall, and The Market Common. You’ll have no problem finding that trinket or treasure for your loved ones and friends or as a souvenir to remember your visit.